Whatever line of work you’re in, you probably feel overwhelmed at times, or like the more you work, the more work there is to be done. But why is it that some days you can breeze through your tasks with ease, while others are such a challenge? Whether you work for a large corporation or from your home office, check out these 5 simple ways of boosting your productivity throughout the day.
- Eat a Good Breakfast – Your mother probably used to nag you about making sure you ate a proper breakfast before leaving the house. She was right. Don’t run out of the house on an empty stomach. And try choosing foods that are high in protein and release energy slowly throughout the day. Eggs are an excellent choice, instead of a high carb, high sugar option that will give you instant gratification, but leave you feeling tired later on.
- Start the Day off Right – While it’s important to eat well when you get up, it’s also important to start your day off right mentally. What you do in the morning and how you start your day are also key to your productivity during the day. If you’re one of those people who groans when the alarm goes off (let’s be honest, there are very few of us who aren’t) then you should start doing something for you in the morning before you start doing things for everyone else. If you can get a workout in before work, then great, but if finding the time is physically impossible, then try 5 minutes of stretching or just simply listening to your favorite song.
- Pay Attention to Your Relationship – Be nice to your partner or your children in the morning. You won’t see them for the rest of the day and yet so many mornings we moan about the toilet seat being left up, last night’s dinner plates in the sink, or why your money clips aren’t where you left them. Start the day off with a smile and a kiss and your energy levels will stay higher for longer and you’ll be more productive.
- Try Maca Powder – Rich in vitamins and high in calcium, zinc, magnesium, and iron; Maca provides a great boost in energy levels and increased stamina after just one dose. Maca can also be especially beneficial for women, helping to relieve menstrual cramps and balance out mood swings and anxiety. Try sprinkling a teaspoon on your cereal or with a smoothie, or glass of juice for energy all day long.
- Work on Your Way to Work – If you drive to work then you could try listening to e-books or your voice messages on the loudspeaker. If you take the bus or train, then get there early enough to make sure you get a seat and prepare for your daily meeting on the way. Always carry a business card holder with you, as you never know who you might meet on your way to work and what contacts you can foster.
Being more productive is often about feeling better rather than just making better use of your time. Be sure to take regular breaks during the day to step away from the computer and get a fresh perspective, and if you feel overwhelmed, try breathing deeply. When you have a healthy body and mind, your productivity will soar.
About the author: Michael Peggs is the founder of SEO agency Marccx Media, where they specialize in white hat link building, SEO and Content Marketing. Before Marcxx, Peggs worked at Google in business development, forming digital media and advertising partnerships. He is also a blogger and podcaster, hosting the iTunes Top 10 New & Noteworthy podcast You University – The Personal Branding Podcast.